Recently I have been doing a lot of SCCM work and deploying tests.
Some of the clients I tried to run a task sequence to, gave me the following error 0x80070490.
I figured out it is because there where no partition (C:\) that the image could be stored to temporarily, so when the error is displayed:
- Press “F8“.
- Run “diskpart.exe“.
- Select the disk with “select disk 0“.
- Clean the disk with “clean“.
- Create a new primary partition with “create partition primary“.
- Set it to active with “active“.
- Format the partition quick to NTFS with “format fs=ntfs quick“.
- Assign the partition a letter with “assign letter=C:“.
- Now quit the application with “Exit“.
Reboot and try to run the task sequence again, if it fails once more you may need to look in the actually task sequence it self for errors.